For Filipino FDWs:
- Their command of English are generally good.
- Most of them are Catholics or Christians.
- Generally they require at least a day off per month, although some may work without off days if compensated by a higher salary.
For Indonesian FDWs:
- They speak Bahasa Indonesia, which is quite similar to the Malay language used here in Singapore. Some of them who are college graduates or had worked in Singapore before, so they would be able to speak and understand simple English.
- Most of them are Muslims and do not eat pork. However most of them would not mind handling pork during their course of work if so required.
- Generally they are agreeable to work without off days in lieu of a compensation of salary.