All Singapore citizens, Permanent Residents and expatriates who hold a valid employment or work pass may hire an FDW. You are required to have a valid reason to employ an FDW to work at your own residence. Employers who are expatriates also need to declare that their family members are living with them at the point of application. All applications are subject to the approval of the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).